We invite you to join us for one of the most dynamic and impactful leadership development events in the MEA, as global thought leader Mr. Lotfi Saibi presents his newest insights on cutting-edge public service and civic leadership trends. This year’s session will be held in Tunisia in the summer of 2015.
This program is specific to MEA countries and deals with civic challenges. It is intended to close the gap of leadership in Arab and African countries and is designed for young men and women invested in public life and Civil Society.
Day 1: Leadership – principles and definition
Challenges in Arab cultures – Leadership and the public service [Workshop/Debate]
Day 2: Styles of leadership and when to apply them
Day 3: Civic Engagement
• Exploring concepts of civic engagement by exploring how relationships and communication among members of society – contributions to a civic identity – promotion of social consciousness thought and action.
• Examination of the values, skills and actions that contribute to a sense of civic identity through discussions, group activities, and self-reflection. A central goal of the first day is to help students prepare for a career of responsible citizenship and civic engagement.
Day 4: Community Leadership
• Exploring the role of community leadership in advancing civic engagement, civil society, civic capacity, community-building, reasoned debate and other key civic virtues in democratic societies.
• Students will integrate leadership theory with practical observations in the context of the country’s sociopolitical history and the role of civic engagement in our evolving social system.
• The module builds a definition for community leadership that recognizes the close interface between the role of public servants as agents of policy implementation and the role of citizens as active stewards of the public good.
Day 5: Skills development:
Working with teams: team dynamics, recruiting, developing, motivating, rewarding, and delegating
For further details, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +(216) 71 862 384
For consideration in this program, please send a short bio with 2 letters of recommendation.
Sign up now and receive a 300 Dinars discount (750 dtn instead of 1050 dtn HT).
Reserve your place now as the group size is very limited due to high interactivity of the session.
A good working knowledge of English is recommended.